Here you will find all the latest tutorials, tips, terms, and all sorts of information to keep you updated on technology.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can call us at 718.884.5900
- Click Here For easy visual instructions on adding or changing your name on Zoom.
- Click Here for an Email Cheat Sheet with visual instructions on the basics of email.
- Click Here for visual instructions on how to organize your Gmail on a desktop.
- Includes creating folders, deleing email in bulk, and unsubscribing from mail lists.
- Click Here for an Instagram Cheat Sheet with visual instructions.
- Includes messaging friends, deleting posts, and avoiding scams.
- Click Here for visual instructions on how to access our YouTube Channel
Tech How-To Class Recordings
Useful Technology Applications
Magnifying Glass with Light
- If you ever had trouble reading the fine print, the (app) application “Magnifying Glass with Light” can become a helpful tool during your daily routine. This app transforms your phone’s camera into a magnifying glass where you can easily read print. You will be able to zoom in on objects and adjust the brightness.
Technology Video Tutorials
Here are a few links for free technology training resources:
- Great variety of classes. Strong group technology classes. Send printed notes after each class.
- Go to Get SetUp with this link.
- Provides free technology support and training
- Go to cyberseniors.org
- Toll Free Number for Technology Help: 1.844.217.3057
- Good technology classes. Go to seniorplanet.org/get-involved/online/
- Need help with a technology question? Call the National Senior Planet Hotline: 888-713-3495 Open from 9am – 5pm EDT, Monday – Friday
Technology Help through DOROT
- DOROT offers 1-1 technology help. Trained Tech Coaches will teach you to stay connected with Zoom, FaceTime, email and online shopping. Coaching is one-to-one, tailored to your goals and skill level. All coaching is currently conducted remotely by phone or videoconference at no cost to you.
- RSS will put you in contact with them. Send an email to email@example.com or call 718.884.5900 and leave a message.Please be specific with what help you are looking for.
Technology Terms to know
App is short for " application ," which is the same thing as a software program. While an app may refer to a program for any hardware platform, it is most often used to describe programs for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
The App Store is a digital app store platform, developed and maintained by Apple Inc., for mobile apps on its iOS and iPadOS operating systems.
Google Play Store
Google Play Store, or simply Google Play, is a digital app store for devices running Android and ChromeOS. It hosts a variety of mobile apps.
A notification is a message displayed by an operating system or program that is unrelated to user activity on the computer. For example, while browsing the Internet on a laptop, a low battery notification may notify you to plug the laptop into an outlet.
A quicker way to get on to your applications (apps).