Here you will find all the latest tutorials, tips, terms, and all sorts of information to keep you updated on technology.
Email questions to email@example.com
Or you can call us at 718.884.5900
Do you need help changing your Zoom name?
- Click Here For easy visual instructions on adding or changing your name on Zoom.
Can't find an email? Want to learn how to recognize scam emails?
- Click Here for an Email Cheat Sheet with visual instructions on the basics of email.
Tech How-To Class Recordings
Technology Video Tutorials
Technology Terms to know
App is short for " application ," which is the same thing as a software program. While an app may refer to a program for any hardware platform, it is most often used to describe programs for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
The App Store is a digital app store platform, developed and maintained by Apple Inc., for mobile apps on its iOS and iPadOS operating systems.
Google Play Store
Google Play Store, or simply Google Play, is a digital app store for devices running Android and ChromeOS. It hosts a variety of mobile apps.
A notification is a message displayed by an operating system or program that is unrelated to user activity on the computer. For example, while browsing the Internet on a laptop, a low battery notification may notify you to plug the laptop into an outlet.
A quicker way to get on to your applications (apps).
Here are a few links for free technology training resources:
- Great variety of classes. Strong group technology classes. Send printed notes after each class.
- Go to Get SetUp with this link.
- Provides free technology support and training
- Go to cyberseniors.org
- Toll Free Number for Technology Help: 1.844.217.3057
- Good technology classes. Go to seniorplanet.org/get-involved/online/
- Need help with a technology question? Call the National Senior Planet Hotline: 888-713-3495 Open from 9am – 5pm EDT, Monday – Friday
Technology Help through DOROT
- DOROT offers 1-1 technology help. Trained Tech Coaches will teach you to stay connected with Zoom, FaceTime, email and online shopping. Coaching is one-to-one, tailored to your goals and skill level. All coaching is currently conducted remotely by phone or videoconference at no cost to you.
- RSS will put you in contact with them. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.884.5900 and leave a message.Please be specific with what help you are looking for.