Hearing that your family member or good friend has dementia can be scary. Dementia can take many forms - Alzheimer's Disease, Lewy Body Syndrome, memory loss due to Parkinson's disease as well as advanced age and physical frailness.
For over 20 years, the RSS/Reverend Tieck Adult Day Center has been devoted to those 60+ that are challenged by memory loss.
We are proud to have long-term relationships with many of our members who come to us for five years or more. Unlike other programs that exist and include people with major mental or physical challenges, the RSS Adult Day Center is laser-focused on working with people with dementia. We are located in the Bronx, in Riverdale at 2600 Netherland Avenue, 10463.
"The RSS Adult Day Program is awesome. My father has been coming to the program for over 10 years. The staff is dedicated and so supportive of both my father and our family. The program is personalized to my Dad's likes and needs. It gives me peace of mind and a break in my day when my father is here. I can highly recommend this program and RSS." - Leslie Chin
At RSS, we see the person who comes to our program as an individual, and not as the diagnosis they have.
We don't define our Adult Day members in terms of their problems or limitations; we define them in terms of their humanity. We dedicate ourselves to the wellness of the whole family. Our goal is to help our members with dementia reduce the social isolation and boredom that can affect them tremendously. We are also committed to helping them enhance or maintain their level of independence in the community, heighten their well-being and self-esteem and help them to enjoy life!
RSS Adult Day is as much for caregivers as it is for our members.
Caregiving can be tremendously isolating and stressful. And lonely - caregivers often feel they are doing everything on their own. We are here to help you feel less overwhelmed by the decisions that need to be made. Let us be the link to help bring order out of chaos.
RSS Adult Day Program is part of RSS - Riverdale Senior Services.
Riverdale Senior Services has been in the Northwest Bronx for over 45 years. The Adult Day program has a strong connection with the larger RSS Center and all the activities that go on at the Center. These include dance, art and exercise programs, lectures and other special events. There is also additional support services available including an on-site nurse, horticultural therapist, pet therapy dog, and additional social work and counseling support.
Trial days are available for first-time members at no cost. The program fee is waived for the trial day.
What Makes the RSS Adult Day Care Center for Dementia Special for Their Members?
- Small group programs created specifically for each person's needs, strengths and backgrounds. Intimate structured setting. Click here to see pictures.
- Activities include exercises, arts and crafts, music therapy, movement therapy, and discussion groups
- Limited personal care assistance - including mobility, toileting, and supervision.
- Home-cooked meals by a wonderful chef
- A safe and nurturing environment
- Beautiful, open setting with easy access to the entire RSS Center
We Support the Entire Family
- Free caregiver and dementia family support. Casework assistance for services and entitlements such as home care. Casework support comes directly from the Director of the RSS Adult Day Center
- Help with navigating complex systems including health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid
- Respite for caregivers who know that their loved one is in a safe space.
- We work with caregivers at any age - spouses, and children or grandchildren who are caring for a parent or guardian.
- Support groups for caregivers
- Connections with key organizations - CaringKind, Alzheimer's Foundation of America, Parkinson's Disease Foundation, Lewy Body Dementia Association and many others
- Medicare Managed Care plans and private pay accepted. We are partially underwritten by the NYC Department for Aging (the only center in the Bronx receiving this support and oversight)
- Hours: Program runs from 10 AM to 3:00 PM
- Round-trip transportation that can accommodate wheelchair-bound members is available.
To Get More Information:
- Call Peter Swanson at 718.884.5900 x16
- Email Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Form Below