Call Us At 718 884-5900
Get All the Benefits You Are Entitled To Get!
Our Licensed Social Workers provide comprehensive services to all who seek help. We are always here to lend a hand.
Benefits for Older New Yorkers At A Glance
(this is a handy overview of the benefits available)
Services provided are:
- Information & referrals to other services such as Meals-on-Wheels, care management or homecare services, and support groups in the community.
- Assistance with applying for benefits such as SCRIE, SNAP, EPIC, HEAP, ACCESS-A-RIDE or HIICAP (Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance Program). HIICAP helps members to understand and navigate a very complex health insurance system.
The RSS Center is open from 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern.
Here are a few easy links for help with:
- HealthMedicare info
- EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage Program)
- Benefits Check-up (Are you getting what you are eligible for?)
- Social Security
- Department for the Aging
- Reduced Fare Metrocard
- IDNYC card
- Home Care
- Lifeline (Discounted Verizon Monthly Bill – if eligible)
- Find and Apply for Affordable Housing through Housing Connect
- Heating and Cooling Assistance (HEAP)
- Application for HEAP (Heating and Cooling Assistance)
- SCRIE (Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption)
- SCHE (Senior Citizens Homeowners Exemption) Website
- Application for SCHE
- STAR (New York State School Tax Relief Program)
- STAR Application
- Food Benefits
- SNAP benefits
- SNAP Application
- Voter Registration (Note you need to redo your registration if you move)
For more information, please contact:
Selina Ng, LMSW at firstname.lastname@example.org