Onsite Reopening Update
Update as of June 1st
Exciting news! As we all heard today, older adult centers have been given the ok to begin on-site activities. At RSS our goal is to resume limited onsite programs on Tuesday, July 6th. We have been preparing our plans for months, and now we will make sure these plans fully align with the guidelines from the NYC Department for the Aging. We will continue to offer a wide array of online classes as well.
Based on the guidelines, we will be looking at:
- 6 feet distancing requirements. Indoor capacity reduced to 25% of maximum capacity.
- Reservations will be required for attendance at the Center to ensure we keep to recommended capacity. No attendance for programs or meals will be allowed without a prior reservation.
- Face coverings while indoors.
- Temperature checks and screening questions for attendees and staff
- Online classes will continue to be held. We will be reviewing the plans for what classes will remain online only, in the center only, and which will be virtual and in-person at the same time.
Note: Older adult centers are not authorized to require vaccinations as a condition of attending the Center.
The safety of our Center visitors and staff is most critical to us, and we want to make sure that all precautions are taken. You will be hearing more from us in the days ahead!