Northwest Bronx Food Pantry Information
The pantries below are closed Wednesday and Friday. If there is an immediate need for food see below for a list of food resources.
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center (KHCC) - 3101 Kingsbridge Terrace at Summit Place.
Click here for food pantry information.
*To register with the KHCConnect case management program call: 718-884-0700 X 104
St. Stephens United Methodist Church:146 W. 228th St.
Community Fridges in the Area
- Friendly Fridge: 5977 Broadway (242nd Street and Broadway), Contact: email@example.com
- The Neighborhood Fridge: corner of 256th St. and Mosholu Ave.
October Food Pantry Schedules
Mondays: St. Stephens: 3:00 - 4:30 EVERY WEEK
Tuesdays: KHCC: 11:00 - 1:30 EVERY WEEK
Thursdays: KHCC: 11:00 - 1:30 EVERY WEEK
- Free Food Locations
- Learn about P-EBT, $420 per child in money for groceries coming to all NYC public school families. Multiple languages are available.
- NYC Food Delivery Program - click here to get information on food delivery
- Get the Good Stuff Program -participants in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP/EBT) can get free fruits, vegetables and beans at certain NYC supermarkets
- Citymeals on Wheels -
- National Hunger Hotline on behalf of USDA. The hotline is a resource for individuals and families seeking information on how to obtain food. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.
- 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or
- 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273: Español)
Riverdale Y: Preparing and delivering Kosher senior meals: contact Sharon Asherman - email SAsherman@RiverdaleY.org
MMCC/Marble Hill Senior Center: Grab & Go Meals: call the Center at 718-562-855
- Click here for information and updates on WIC.
- The St. Barnabas Hospital (SBH) WIC Program is offering virtual breastfeeding consults. Call the Milk Line and make an appointment at (347) 712-0169
- SNAP enrollment - contact: Caesar Tobar-Acosta - firstname.lastname@example.org
- KHCConnect - helping families connect to the services they need: contact email@example.com
- Community Garden plots, Food scrap dropoff and composting:: contact: Gerry Sherman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual and in-person workshops: contact: email@example.com website: https://rssny.org/
- Social work services: supportive counseling, case assistance, benefits, and entitlement assistance: Phone: (718) 884-5900
- Part-time nurse on staff
MMCC/Marble Hill Senior Center.
- Benefits Support, Grab & Go Meals and Programs: call the Center at 718-562-8551
- Virtual and in-person exercise classes: contact: Sharon Asherman - email: SAsherman@RiverdaleY.org phone: (347) 913-4390
- Social work services: supportive counseling, case assistance, benefits, and entitlement assistance. Contact: Lydia Ecker, LMSW (347) 913-4391
Riverdale Neighborhood House:
- Telephone Reassurance Program for older adults: contact: Zenobia Kelly email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (718) 549-8100 ex. 129