Career Opportunities at RSS
Social Worker, LMSW
RSS-The Center for Ageless Living is a nonprofit agency serving older adults and their families in the Northwest Bronx for fifty years. We seek a compassionate, enthusiastic, and energetic licensed master social worker (LMSW), with at least 3 years of experience providing direct services to join our team.
The social worker is integral to RSS services and, as part of a dynamic teaSave & Closem, supports and advances the RSS mission and activities. The Older Adult Social Worker is responsible for counseling Older Adults, helping them to gain access to various resources and to confront issues that have a negative effect such as poverty, loss, mental health, social isolation, and food insecurity.
• Provides case assistance, follow-up services, information/referral services for older adults and benefits counseling.
• Complies with NYC Aging requirements: formally NYC Dept. for the Aging.
• Provides clients with direct services such as applying for SNAP, SCRIE, etc.
• Provides short-term supportive counseling.
• Promotes and supports advocacy activities for older adults.
• Maintains client records in the NYC Aging database (STARS).
• Facilitates groups such as caregiver support, solo agers, etc.
• Participates in or leads progress meetings as part of the clinical team.
• Assists with coordinating presentations relevant to social work issues.
• Supervises social work interns if appropriate.
• Accepts other duties that are related to this position.
• NYS Dept. of Education LMSW Social Work License
• Experience providing direct services and experience with older adults and/or those with special needs is helpful.
• Team player with strong communication skills
• High energy, enthusiasm, and reliability
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish is highly preferred but not required
• SIFI is not required but preferred
Benefits include medical, dental, generous paid time off, and enrollment into 403 B (optional) after completing the probationary period. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Andria Cassidy, Deputy Director, email@example.com.