Managing Stress and Anxiety: The importance of making time for yourself (Hybrid)
You only need to register ONCE for all De-Stress with RSS events.
Today we celebrate Stress Awareness Day with the culmination of the Stress and Anxiety Awareness series. We all have stress in our lives at different times, which can often feel challenging but it’s manageable with understanding and the right tools. At RSS, both online and in-person, we are offering you an opportunity to spend the day with us and try something new such as a new exercise class, learning to cook a simple meal, or some self-massage that may help you lower your anxiety and feel more in control.
Click here to register: https://rssny.org/class-forms/de-stress-with-rss.html
You only need to register one time for the series.
Feeling stressed and anxious? Are you overwhelmed with everything going on around you? Dealing with stress can sometimes feel challenging but it’s manageable with understanding and the right tools. In this series on Stress and Anxiety, you will be taken step-by-step learning about recognizing the physical and psychological signs of stress followed by four weeks of learning about different ways to help you lower your anxiety and feel more in control.
A major source of stress is when we don’t set boundaries and make time for ourselves. There are a variety of things you can do to take time out alone or with a friend. Take a walk in a park, get coffee at your favorite shop, or maybe get a manicure. Let’s get together and talk about ways you can make time for that all-important person in your life… You!
Stress Awareness Day schedule of events:
• 9:00 to 10:00: Continental Breakfast
• 9:30 to 10:00: Self-massage with Kathleen (hybrid)
• 10:00 to 11:00: Women’s Group with Susan (hybrid)
• 11:00 to 12:00: Spa Eating with Maudene (cooking demo in-house, hybrid)
• 12:00 to 1:00: Lunch
• 12:00 to 12:10: Healthy Eating with Maudene: Food and its de-stressing qualities
• 1:00 to 2:00: Stress and Anxiety Management: The Importance of Self Care with Susan (hybrid)
• 2:00 to 2:30: Qi Gong demo with Bruce (hybrid)
• 2:30 to 3:00: Video
• 3:00 to 3:30: Exercise demo with Stuart (hybrid