Let's Tour the Plant-Based Landscape: Nutrition with Maudene (Hybrid - Online and in-person)
Click here to register: https://rssny.org/class-forms/kickstarter.html
In the past thousands of years, we humans have eaten a huge variety of plants and animals. Our skills with cuisine have evolved from survival to subsistence to sophistication – an apple to apple sauce to apple galette.
Let’s take a “tour” of plant-based menus and meals all over the world – and in your kitchen. Themes we will cover include …
• Bean & grain dishes (complemented amino acids) all over the world
• Name (re-name) the plant-based meal (without naming the meat)
• Fruits Are Not Luxuries
This event is part of the Plant-Based Kickstart Program: 60 Days to a Healthier Lifestyle
What are we offering in this 60-day program?
* Information on plant-based eating for your health
* The Food for Life Nutrition series by Plant Powered Metro New York (PPMNY): an award-winning nutrition education, and cooking class program designed by physicians, nurses, and registered dietitians.
* A supportive environment to help you change your eating habits for the better and a workbook and recipes for you to keep
Wed. Jan. 19 at 1:00: Let's Tour the Plant-Based Landscape: Nutrition with Maudene
Tue. Jan. 25 at 1:00: Aging Better with Plant-Based Eating with Petronella
Wed. Jan. 26 at 4:00: Beans are Fabulous and Health: Cooking with Deborah
Tue. Feb. 1 at 1:00: PPMNY: Heart Disease and a Plant-Based Diet
Tue. Feb. 8 at 1:00: PPMNY: Hypertension and a Plant-Based Diet
Tue. Feb.. 15 at 1:00: PPMNY: Diabetes and a Plant-Based Diet
Tue. Feb. 22 at 1:00: PPMNY: Cancer and a Plant-Based Diet